Hiver is looking for a new CTO!
Chief Technology Officer / Co-Founder
Do you want to join an exciting early stage start-up into the geolocation space? Do you like integrating technologies that link the world together? Do you dream about real-world experience building large-scale applications connecting people and devices together using a variety of technologies? Are you motivated by working in a fast-paced dynamic environment? We’re looking for a London-based CTO to join our team. This is an opportunity to join the business as a co-founder with equity.
- Experience architecting and building modern scalable front and back end environments
- Understanding of machine learning, data analytics, and real-time report generation
- Ability to manage, mentor, and delegate tasks to technologists across a variety of cultures/timezones
- Excellent written and oral skills in both technical and colloquial English, other languages a plus
Desired Technical Skills
- Back-end architectural abilities (rapid prototyping in Node.js language)
- AWS (or equivalent) Management/Deployment Experience
- Mobile application development & deployment
- Cybersecurity, privacy and compliance, and infrastructure resiliency
- Understanding of graph theory
- Source Control Management (git, svn or commercial equivalent)
Optional Technical Skills
- Real-world understanding of modern message passing architectures and brokers (AMQP specification, RabbitMQ, MQTT, Kestrel)
- Knowledge of functional languages (Erlang, Haskell, OCaml) in hosted environments
- Modern languages and frameworks (Python, R, Go, Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
- Ability to check-point, freeze, and roll-back environments for agile deployment methodologies using tools such as Docker or integration with other snapshot functionality
- Orchestration and deployment of production and development environments across multiple cloud platforms
Culture and Personality
- Willing to work hard but also have fun
- Good sense of humor
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- An appetite to achieve great things
Hiver is a smartphone app that enables users to make the most of the time they spend networking. It uses advanced geolocation technology together with powerful analytics to identify and automatically remember each interaction the user has so that they can connect with people and follow up effectively. Real-time analytics are offered to event organisers who can use the anonymised insight about attendees to effectively manage and market their event so that both sponsors and attendees have a great event experience. Hiver was a part of London Business School and Deloitte Incubator and of Google Best in British Campus Exchange.
Be a part of us!
If you are interested in joining Hiver, please get in touch with your CV and areas of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org