"It's a wrap!" - our 2016
It's always good at this time of the year to look back on what's happened over the past 12 month and to make sure you're moving in the right direction. And wow, it's been some year for Hiver!
Reflecting back, our top 5 milestones this year have been (in sequential order):
* Bringing in 15 new investors to the business, who have not only shown belief in our proposition but have been hugely supportive in opening doors and providing advice.
* Rebranding! What was Colmeia is now Hiver. This decision was really important to the team and we're very pleased with name we landed on. A big thank you to the people that helped us get there - especially Pretty Green who provided a structure and inspiration for brainstorming a name and Orrick who have helped with the trademark.
* Our iOS and Android app launched. After many months of tech build & test as well as UI refinement, it was great to see Hiver launch on the App Store and Google Play . We now cover 95% of all smartphones so Hiver can now benefit any event that values networking
* Winning Google 's "Best of British" accolade. Not only was this a great endorsement but the mentoring and contacts provided through the Google Campus network meant this was hugely valuable.
* Generating revenue. In 12 months, we've evolved from idea, to product, to winning customers and generating revenue. There's obviously lots more to do in 2017 but the feedback we get from event organisers in seeing their attendees network more effectively (as well as some pretty awesome analytics) is ever-motivating to help us achieve our purpose to ensure people get value from in-person networking.
Thank you to all our customers and partners and especially to our own team who have made this possible. They have not only created an amazing product, but they've been amazing to work with.
Merry Christmas, and all the best for 2017!