Do you want to join an exciting early stage start-up into the geolocation space? Do you like building back-end infrastructures that link the world together? Are you motivated by working in a fast-paced dynamic environment? We’re looking for an infrastructure developer / framework architect to join our team - we’re headquartered in London but you can be anywhere as long as there’s reliable broadband for collaboration.
- Scalable back-end architecture capable of analysing mobile sensor data (Bluetooth Proximity, Device Orientation) in real time
- MongoDB database architecture, capable of modelling and querying the social interactions of each user
- Secure RESTful API in the server backend, responsible for the communication between Client (mobile app) and Server
- Reporting and Analytics front-end system
Desired Technical Skills
- Back-end architectural abilities (rapid prototyping in Node.js language)
- Real-world experience building large scale, high availability applications
- AWS Development/Deployment Experience
- Experience developing secure web services using RESTful connectivity (mobile client experience a plus)
- Experience with MongoDB database architecture
- Source Control Management, e.g. git, svn or commercial equivalent
- Knowledge of functional languages (Erlang, Haskell, OCaml) in hosted environments a plus
- Modern languages and frameworks (Python, R, Go, Hadoop, Spark, etc.) also a plus
Culture and Personality
- Willing to work hard but also have fun
- Good sense of humor
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- An appetite to achieve great things
₤30000 - ₤35000 per year
Hiver enables you to make the most of in-person networking by using advanced geolocation and memory technology to do two things: meet the right people at an event and help you remember each interaction you have.
Our story (so far)
Hiver is founded by executive MBA graduates of the London Business School (LBS) and University of London PhD, who researched and tested the venture through several classes and, in the process won three awards. In September 2015, Hiver was accepted into the London Business School and Deloitte Incubator and most recently closed an initial round of angel investment.
If you are interested in being part of Hiver, please email email@example.com with your CV, explain your interest in applying and some examples of recent projects you’ve worked on. No recruitment agencies or development outsourcing pitches please.